Help us get the word out about the proper way to restore old homes that preserve their historic charm and value by distributing our Do It Right! flyer. The flyer, available in English and Spanish, encourages remodeling and renovations that protect historic features and lets property owners about available resources. You can help by passing out the Do It Right Flyer to neighbors or nearby property owners who might be thinking or are preparing for a remodeling or renovation. Click here to go the Preservation section of www.HistoricEchoPark.org. Look for and download a copy of the Do It Right Flyer. Thank you!
The Los Angeles City Planning Commission today approved one-year-long restrictions on construction or demolition in the area to the west and north of Echo Park Lake to give the city time to conduct a historic resources survey of the area. The Interim Control Ordinance, which is supported by the EPHS, Echo Park neighborhood council and City Councilman Eric Garcetti, now goes to the full City Council for final approval. Only owners who can prove a “hardship” will be granted building or demolition permits during the period. The completion of a historic resources survey is one of the first steps that could lead to the creation of an Echo Park Lake area historic district.
- Meeting Reminder: Find out how the Mills Act may save you...April 23, 2019 - 9:02 pm
- Own a historic property? Learn how the Mills Act may save...April 21, 2019 - 4:20 am
- Join us for the Echo Park Stairway Walking Tour on Saturday,...April 11, 2019 - 5:02 pm
- Echo Park Historical Society’s Stairway Walking Tour...October 18, 2018 - 11:45 pm
- Delightful as well as informative! Thank you.April 29, 2017 - 5:29 pm by Susan Borden
- I have started a Facebook page in memory of room 8: https://www.facebook.com/room8schoolcat/ Please...August 15, 2016 - 9:15 pm by Dan West
- Fascinating history. And a very beautiful house now !February 24, 2016 - 2:08 am by John Wingler
- For anybody who listened to ; K R O Q ,Radio station with...May 5, 2015 - 7:07 am by Anonymous