The EPHS will hold its annual Board of Directors election next month on Saturday, Dec 10 at 6:30 p.m. (location TBA). Four seats on the seven-member board are up for election. Three of the seats are currently held by Matthew Dubois, Holly Hampton and Dave Ptach . The fourth seat is vacant. If you are interested in being a candidate, here are the rules:
* Eligible candidates are those who are paid members of the society and who have been members for at least one year previous to the nomination. Individuals can nominate themselves. Directors serve two-year terms
* Nominations should be received no later than five days before the election. Individuals can nominate themselves.
* Nominations can be be emailed to ephs@HistoricEchoPark.org; called in to (323) 860-8874; or send by mail carrier to EPHS, P.O. Box 26946, Los Angeles, CA 90026.
* If there are more eligible candidates than available seats, EPHS members in good standing (paid memberships) will cast ballots during the quarterly meeting and election on Dec. 10. Candidates will have an opportunity to make a brief presentation before ballots are cast.
* Who can vote? Those with paid membership that have not expired can cast a ballot. Members will be notified of the location via email.